By engaging leaders and citizens from all sectors, the K-Ready Project is uniting the community under the K-Ready Alliance to make early childhood a top priority and to build a better system of care and education for ALL young children so that EVERY child has a strong start and a bright future.
With a collective impact approach, K-Ready is driving transformative change with a shared vision and plan of action through advocacy, collaboration, and a systems approach to problem solving.
K-Ready Rally -- Spring 2020
Develop a clear-eyed view of how our children are really doing and what we need to change to create a better future for ALL children and families
Bring leaders and stakeholders together to take action that addresses systemic issues and scales solutions that work for ALL children and families.
Build a broad K-Ready Alliance to leverage the power of numbers to advocate for policy and funding changes at local, state, and federal levels.
All mothers, babies, and children have access to healthcare, health screenings, and follow up services to ensure children are healthy from the start.
All children have access to quality early care and education to be ready for Kindergarten. No family pays more than 10% of their income for childcare. Teachers are supported and respected and earn a living wage.
Families participate in needed support programs and services that help them provide a healthy environment for children. Employers commit to family-friendly practices and invest in early care and education.
- Home visitation and support for maternal and infant well- being
- Integrated system of care, navigation, and follow- through
- Information campaigns for parents and leaders on importance of early years
- Standard working definition
of Kindergarten Ready with developmentally and culturally appropriate assessments, programs, and training
- Funding policies and braided funding strategies to drive quality and address resource gaps
- Early learning workforce college and career pathways, wages, and compensation
- Resources and training to address trauma and mental health (resiliency training, Circle of Security)
- Business engagement and childcare policies (e.g. Bosses for Babies campaign)
- Neighborhood access to family supports (community centers, schools, churches)
Research on Current State of ECE in West Orange Co.
Analysis of systems gaps and best practices
Defined and clear vision, mission, and goals
K-Ready Leadership Team with 50+ members
Priorities & Plan of Action adopted
Expanded priority programs like Circle of Security and home nurse visitation through K-Ready partners
K-Ready Alliance of 850+ and growing
Parent and provider Town Halls with elected officials
Advocacy partners - FL Children's Movement
New FL laws supporting early childhood
Assess impact of COVID on ECE providers
Analyze needs in Orange Co.
Build K-Ready Dashboard and collective goals
Create detailed strategies, plans, and budgets
Fully fund K-Ready Community Project
Implement K-Ready collaborative Plan of Action
Expand K-Ready Alliance, locally and across the state
Develop strategies and capacities to advocate for state and federal policy
Advocate for better early childhood policy and funding that aligns with Plan of Action